Donate your Vehicle
— Fast & friendly vehicle donation program! —
Donate your used car, van, truck, boat or recreational vehicle to Susan G. Komen Kentucky! Call toll free 1-855-KOMEN-CARS (1-855-566-3622) to donate, or do so online 24 hours a day by clicking below and using the fast and easy online donation process. Proceeds from the sale of each donated vehicle will help provide the necessary breast health services needed for the underserved men and women in our community.
You can help make a difference! Did you know that 75 percent of funds raised here stays here?! Komen Kentucky provides funding to local non-profit healthcare organizations for breast health services for the underserved men and women in Jefferson, Breckinridge, Bullitt, Grayson, Hardin, Larue, Meade, Nelson, Oldham, Shelby and Spencer counties in Kentucky, and Clark, Floyd, Harrison and Scott counties in Indiana. The remaining 25 percent supports the national Susan G. Komen® Grants Program, funding groundbreaking breast cancer research.
Hours of Operation:
Monday – Thursday: 8am – 7pm (EST)
Friday: 8am – 5pm (EST)
Saturday: 9am – 4pm (EST)
Simple steps to donating your vehicle:
- You must have a valid state issued title from motor vehicles issued in the name of the donor when calling or donating on-line
- Contact us either by telephone or online to provide your car donation information
- Our office will assign to local towing company for pickup – towing is free to donors
- Upon notification of pickup, we will send you an official donation receipt
- All donated vehicles to Komen are sold at auction, once sold, the IRS Form 1098c will be processed to the donor within 30 days of the sale. The IRS form 1098c is attached to the IRS form 8283 “Non Cash Charitable Contributions”
Car donations made to Komen Kentucky are tax deductible. Komen Kentucky has been designated by the IRS as a 501c3 charity. The best practice is to consult with a tax professional on how to maximize your tax deduction since every car donation and tax situation is unique. The IRS allows the donor to claim a minimum of $500.00. However, for vehicles with a gross sale price over $501.00, we will indicate the exact sale price of the donated car on the IRS form 1098c.
Benefits of donating your vehicle to Susan G. Komen:
- Free towing whether the vehicle is running or not, you can donate your automobile anywhere in the United States
- Eliminate the hassle of repairing, advertising, and selling your car by letting our courteous, well trained staff handle all the details
- Qualify for an IRS tax deduction
- Importantly, by donating, you are supporting the cause to end and eliminate breast cancer forever
Komen Kentucky has partnered and entered into an agreement with Komen-cars.org, operated by the Melwood Charity Car Donation Center,a non-profit organization, to manage and operate their car donation program. Melwood, since 1963 provides job training and employment to over 2,000 individuals with disabilities.
What fees do Melwood Charity Donation Center keep?
- Towing & Auction Fee – Not to exceed $150.00
- Flat Management Fee – $90.00
- Maximum Total – $240.00 regardless of the sale amount of the vehicle
We accept ALL vehicles regardless of age or condition
For more information please contact Lynda Weeks, Executive Director.