Statement of Need
The findings from the 2014 Susan G. Komen Kentucky® Quantitative Data Analysis revealed the highest needs within our service area.
Drawing from the profile, Komen Kentucky has identified the following funding priority areas:
- Improve access to care for immobile and low income patients with limited resources by funding programs that include transportation services.
- Support patient navigation services with a goal to develop more complex services, to include biopsy, surgical and reconstructive procedures; support groups and complimentary therapies, with an emphasis in Oldham County.
- Increase breast health education, clinical breast exams and diagnostic services, with an emphasis in Shelby and Spencer counties.
- Increase breast health education for African-American women in economically challenged zip codes in Jefferson County.
- Fund breast cancer education programs throughout our 111 county service area.
**Please note: Priority will be given to programs that serve the uninsured and underinsured women, aged 40 and over, in our 111 county service area.