Susan G. Komen® Kentucky is a local breast health organization working to “save lives by meeting the most critical needs in our communities and investing in breakthrough research to prevent and cure breast cancer.” Komen Kentucky was founded in 1999 by a group of individuals committed to the Komen vision of a world without breast cancer.
- Since inception, the Affiliate has raised more than $15 million to support global breast cancer research and programs and services to communities across Kentuckiana.
- Our Affiliate has invested over $11 million to support local breast health education, screenings, treatment, and post treatment support programs.
- Komen Kentucky has contributed $4 million into the $988 million total research investment SGK has made to date.
- 75 percent of funds raised by Komen Kentucky remain local and 25 percent supports Komen global breast cancer research.
- Komen Kentucky serves 111 counties: 107 in Kentucky and 4 in Southern Indiana